Steripen JourneyBe the first to review this product
Steripen - Journey
- Requires no pumping, chemicals, test strips, extended time-keeping or filters; leaves no aftertaste, will not clog and does not require lubrication
- Innovative SteriPEN system uses UV light rays instead of chemicals to purify water for drinking
- Ultraviolet (UV-C) light rays safely sterilize clear water by destroying protozoa (including Giardia and Cryptosporidium), bacteria and even viruses
- SteriPEN Journey is simple to use: Just press a button and gently agitate the water with a quick stir
- Easy-to-read LCD screen tracks the progress of the treatment, counting down the seconds and displaying a happy face when successfully completed
- Purifies 16 fl. oz. of water (cold or warm) in less than a minute, or 32 fl. oz. in a minute and a half
- LCD screen indicates the volume of water selected, battery power, number of lamp uses and failure alerts
- Small size fits most containers—use it in cups, mugs, water bottles and canteens; carries easily in a shirt pocket
- SteriPEN Journey turns itself off once ultraviolet treatment is complete; light source can be used up to 8,000 times!
- Watertight seals keep water away from the electronics; rubberized coating ensures secure handling in wet conditions
- Low-power indicator lets you know when batteries need replacing; twist-off cap permits easy battery access
- Long used by municipal water districts and bottling companies, low-level UV-C light treats water safely, and unit's light will not damage eyes or skin
- Use only on clear water, as cloudy, sediment-laden water hinders effectiveness
- SteriPEN Journey includes 2 nonrechargeable lithium CR123A batteries; SteriPEN does not recommend the use of alkaline batteries, as they provide very few treatments
- SteriPEN recommends the use of name-brand CR123A lithium batteries with a capacity of 800 milliamp hours (mAh) or greater, such as Duracell, Energizer and Panasonic
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other K2 Base Camp users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.